Marie-Louise Winbladh was the curator of the Cyprus Collections at the Museum of Mediterranean and Near Eastern Antiquities (Medelhavsmuseet) in Stockholm from 1971 to 2007. She was also the curator of the Greek & Roman Collections from 1971 until 2001.
From 1971 onwards, she has organized different exhibitions, many of which with Cypriot material.
The Cyprus Collections have been visited and studied by hundreds of scholars from all over the world. Most of the knowledge gained trough these studies has been integrated in dissertations, books and articles.
From 1972 until 1991, Marie-Louise Winbladh participated in field excavations in Greece. She holds a B.A. in Classical Archaeology, Art, Ethnology, History of Literature, Egyptology and Modern Greek. She has studied in different Art Schools (Graphic arts, drawing, painting – especially old techniques, and sculpture).
Besides her great passion for archeology, she practises horse riding and plays table tennis. She’s an amateur violinist and familiarized herself with Greek folk-dances.
- Cyprus – a Cultural Melting Pot, Stockholm 1992. Swedish only.
- The Cyprus Collections in Medelhavsmuseet, Stockholm 1994.
- Ancient Cults in Cyprus, Stockholm 1995. Swedish only.
- An Archaeological Adventure in Cyprus. The Swedish Cyprus Expedition 1927-1931, Stockholm 1997. Picture-book in English, Swedish and Greek.
- Minoans and Mycenaeans in west Crete. The Greek-Swedish Excavations at Chaniá, Stockholm 2000. Swedish & English.
- Crete. Myths and Food in the Minoan World, Stockholm 2004. Swedish only.
- Cyprus: Love, cult and war, Lund 2011. Swedish only.
- Hundreds of articles about archaeology, mostly Cypriot.